From Fitness to Post-Rehabilitation Module 2 (Oct 2023)
Post-rehabilitation lies in the intention of the exercises, to help people get moving again in a safe and pain-free manner. In this 2-module course, get ready to dive into the physiology of the core; discuss the role of dynamic assessment; and deliberate how one would create an intention in order to adapt Pilates exercises to the needs of a post-rehabilitation client. The knowledge gained through this course will allow you to create a post-rehabilitative program specific to your client’s condition - from chronic lower back pain to post-stroke rehab.
To provide a more effective and functional learning experience for you, we've spread From Fitness to Post-Rehabilitation across 2 sessions - Module 1 and 2:
- Module 1 is 16 hours long, happening this October. You will learn about the physiology of the inner unit, in relation to the anatomy of the core when working with injured clients or the special populations. Assessment, analysis, and prescription of exercises will be discussed based on the principles of post-rehabilitation. Master Instructor Aparna will also introduce exercises that she believes are key in any movement instructor’s tool kit. You will be expected to complete and submit a post-course assignment before attending From Fitness to Post-Rehabilitation Module 2
- From Fitness to Post-Rehabilitation Module 2 is a 14-hour course happening this October, payment to be made separately. In Module 2, we will discuss the role of nervous system and fascia in the client post-rehabilitation to help you create step-up programmes for your clients to progress to more advanced exercises. Meant to provide a more interactive experience, there will be case studies and brainstorming sessions to apply what you've learned in both Modules 1 and 2. There will be a pre-course assignment that will serve as one of the case studies in this course.
The course is designed for allied health professionals and Pilates instructors interested in post-rehabilitation. The course will have a theory component as well as a significant movement component. So please do come prepared to experience the exercises that you will be prescribing your clients.
Duration: 3 days / 14 hours
- 20 Oct (Fri): 1pm - 6pm
- 21 Oct (Sat): 3:30pm - 7:30pm
- 22 Oct (Sun): 1pm - 6pm
Location: The Moving Body, River Valley Studio (81 Clemenceau Avenue #03-22 UE Square, Singapore 239917)
Trainer: Aparna Shah
- Early Bird Promotion ends 20 Sep 2023.
- A deferment charge of $50 applies.
This course is a 2-part series. Upon completion of:
- Module 1: You will receive a Certificate of Participation
- Module 2: You will receive a Certificate of Completion, after attending Modules 1 and 2 and submit post-course assignments promptly. Completion of both modules awards you with 30 NPCP or Balanced Body CECS.
- Dates may change according to registration numbers.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us at 8428 9887 for more details!