Cancer Exercise Specialist® - Full Online Course (Oct & Nov 2021)
If you are a health or fitness professional looking to level up for your cancer clients, or simply someone who is interested in learning about how Pilates can help support cancer treatment, you will find this 4-day course insightful.
This course was developed for Pilates and health and fitness professionals seeking to attain a higher level of mastery and work with cancer patients during and after cancer surgery and treatment and into survivorship. However, anyone is welcome join the course - you don't have to be a certified instructor to take this course, but some background in Pilates will be helpful.
You will gain a better understanding on the importance and relevance of Pilates in working with clients who have been diagnosed with cancer, are being treated for cancer, or those who have survived cancer. This unique and individualised programming will help you guide clients to improve their ability to cope with the mental and physical stress following cancer diagnosis and treatment.
You will be introduced to 26 different types of cancer, and all of these are covered through a visual at the virtual meeting, in the manuals and on video on the website. Each section in the online teachable platform allows you to watch a video that compliments the manuals and on-line learning platforms and take a short quiz to test your knowledge. Exercises specific to treatments, side-effects and surgeries will be covered using Pilates Mat, Reformer and Apparatus equipment.
This can be a standalone course or a build-on from the workshop.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- The entire cancer process from diagnosis and treatment to reconstruction and survivorship.
- Ways to improve an individual's ability to cope with the mental and physical stress following cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Detailed information on breast cancer and breast reconstruction.
- Introduction to 26 different types of cancers such as prostate, lung, colon/rectum, bladder, kidney, along with their treatments and procedures.
- Exercises and contraindications specific to treatments, side-effects and surgeries using Pilates mat, props and equipment as well as general fitness and functional exercises.
- Information on other supportive topics such as weight management, benefits of good nutrition and emotions
You can refer to the full online course schedule here.
For instructors, this course offers Continuing Education Credits (CECs) from Balanced Body, Pilates Methods Alliance (PMA), ACE, American Academy of Health and Fitness, Canfitpro, CIMSPA, ISSA, National Strength & Conditioning Association, NASM & Australia Fitness, and other reputable fitness organisations.
Workshop and course online recordings will be available for 2 weeks to attendees from time of upload. Presentation shared during the sessions will also be available at the end of the sessions.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like more details!
Andrea Leonard & Portia Page
1 Oct, 22 Oct, 5 Nov and 19 Nov 2021, 7.30pm - 11.45pm (SGT)
Course Fee: SGD$1000 or S$875 (For Online Intro Workshop attendees)
Online Intro Workshop attendees can sign up using this discount code: PILATESFORCANCER
You will be able to apply this discount code only when you've attended the introductory workshop.