Discover the multi-dimensional nature of the psoas muscle, explore the dynamic functions of the psoas, and uncover its intricate connections with other musculature, visceral structures, and the nervous system. Understand the depths of its dysfunctions and potential underlying causes, learning how to remedy psoas problems with exercises that promote efficient lumbar-pelvic movement patterns and a well-balanced core. This workshop is designed for equipment-certified Pilates instructors who are interested in furthering their understanding in the lumbar-pelvic region.
Objectives of the workshop:
- To understand what the psoas is capable of.
- To change the 'bad psoas' narrative.
- To understand the presentations and the symptoms of classic psoas dysfunctions.
- To know what clues to look for in order to track down the real causes of the dysfunctions, and knowing how to remedy these dysfunctions accordingly.
- To see the psoas as a master coordinator for the lumbar-pelvic region.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- It is really not always the psoas's fault.
- How the psoas is part of the autonomic nervous system.
- Other ways to release a tight psoas beyond just stretching it.
- Different remedies for a locked-short psoas versus a locked-long psoas.
- How it affects both the neck and the gait, and how the neck and the gait affect the psoas.
Trainer: Kuan Hui, Chew
Pre-requisite: Equipment-certified Pilates instructors
Duration: 2 days/8 hours
Course Fee: $460 SGD
Promotion Price: $420 SGD (valid until 15 December 2019 only)