Franklin Method® Workshop - Release Your Neck & Liberate Your Shoulders (Oct '23)
Have you ever experienced neck or shoulder pain? Did you address your pain by relieving the symptoms, or did you try to discover what was the cause of the pain? Often we address pain in our bodies by curing the symptoms but not trying to understand what it is we do that causes the pain in the first place.
In this workshop you will learn the design and function of the shoulder in order to move better and avoid feeling pain and tension. Discover how the bone rhythms of the shoulder joint and good alignment of the ribcage are essential for optimal shoulder function. Through Franklin Method® imagery and exercises you will learn to visualise better function in the shoulder that will improve posture and performance.
In this course you will:
- Learn the simplest yet most effective exercises for shoulder and neck relaxation
- Understand Scapulohumeral Rhythm
- Learn how to get greater relaxation and well-being using perception and movement
- Understand anatomy clearly explained: getting to the heart of the matter in order to solve problems from the inside
- Feel free yourself from pain in every situation with imagery and self-touch
- Introduction - What is the Franklin Method®
- Introduction of the shoulders – Mind & body, challenges & solutions
- Evolution of shoulder joint – Comparison of human and animal
- Scapulohumeral Rhythm – Bone rhythms of shoulder girdle
- Clavicle – Structure, function & embodiment with movement
- Shoulder muscles – Trapezius, serratus anterior, rhomboids, levator scapula,
- Shoulder movement – Embodiment & imagery
- Atlanto occipital joint – anatomical landmarks & arthrokinematics
Date/Time: 9 Oct (Mon): 3:30pm - 7:30pm
Location: The Moving Body, River Valley Studio (81 Clemenceau Avenue #03-22 UE Square, Singapore 239917)
Trainer: Audrey D'Cotta and Sophie Ki
- Early Bird Promotion ends 9 Sep 2023
- A deferment charge of $50 applies.
Email us at email@example.com or WhatsApp us at 8428 9887 for more details!