The Balanced Body® Comprehensive (Apparatus) Certification program includes:
- Exercise instruction in the complete Pilates Trapeze Table/Cadillac/Tower, Pilates Chair and Barrels and Small equipment is included
- A comprehensive manual for each piece of equipment consistent with current national standards
- Cueing, coaching, safety and teaching tips for clients at different levels of ability
Requirements for Completion
To become a Comprehensive Certified Balanced Body® Instructor, students must complete the following:
- Movement Principles (16 hours)
- Balanced Body® Mat 1, 2, 3 Instructor training (118 hours)*
- Balanced Body® Reformer 1, 2, 3 Instructor training
- Balanced Body® Apparatus 1 – Course Work and Practical Test (14 hours)
- Balanced Body® Apparatus 2 - Course Work and Practical Test (12 hours)
- Balanced Body® Apparatus 3 - Course Work and Practical Test (12 hours)
- 45 Private Sessions & 105 Student Teaching Hours OR 35 Private Sessions, 20 Observation Hours & 95 Student Teaching Hours
- Comprehensive Written and Practical Test out / Exam
Prerequisite: Movement Principles, Mat 1 and Reformer 1 or equivalent, 20 Pilates studio sessions. 1 year work experience in related field recommended.
Download the Test-Out Application Form.
Total hours for completion for Apparatus program: 188 hours (not including Movement Principles, Mat and Reformer)
Total hour for completion of Movement Principles and the Comprehensive program: 520 hours
Upon completion of all of the requirements, a certificate of completion as a Balanced Body® Comprehensive Instructor will be issued.