A revolutionary apparatus, CoreAlign improves strength, balance, posture and functional movement patterns.
Developed by Jonathan Hoffman, a physical therapist and fitness enthusiast, CoreAlign was created with the belief that the body functions and heals best when movements are anatomically sound and balanced. As a training tool, CoreAlign exercises are designed to create harmony between controlled stability and dynamic mobility, resulting in a strong, healthy and vibrant body. Clients at all fitness levels will feel the difference after one session.
The CoreAlign method stimulates our core stability muscles to fire in perfect timing while performing functional exercises, deep stretches and core-controlled aerobic training. This makes it a perfect addition to a Pilates studio, personal training or physical therapy practice. The method is used for musculoskeletal rehabilitation, performance enhancement and general conditioning for overall wellness.
CoreAlign can be used as a stand-alone exercise practice or as a complement to existing Pilates programming. In either case, CoreAlign can bring endless variety to enhance clients’ experiences, health and fitness.
The CoreAlign frame encloses two tracks and carts, which move independently with smooth resistance (or assistance). The resistance is created by six elastic tubes on each cart. Resistance/assistance is possible in one or both directions. The CoreAlign is extraordinarily versatile with hundreds of completely new and unique movement exercises.
CoreAlign® Instructor Training Program includes
- Progressions of plank and standing exercises to address a range of training goals from core stabilization to creating integrated rotation for throwing sports.
- Training options using rotator discs, variable directions of resistance and moments of suspension.
- Exercises to challenge balance, coordination and complex movement patterns to prepare clients for anything life throws their way.
Requirements for Completion
- Successful completion of CA1: Foundations + CA2: Progressions
- 30 personal sessions
- 10 CoreAlign observation hours
- 100 CoreAlign student teaching hours prior to the final test out
- Final test out
Download the CoreAlign Test Out Application Form
Total Hours for CoreAlign Certification: 172 hours
Upon completion of all of the requirements, a certificate of completion as a Balanced Body® CoreAlign Instructor will be issued.