Our Reformer Instructor Training Program includes:
- Exercise instruction in the complete Pilates Reformer repertoire
- A comprehensive manual consistent with current national standard
- Cueing, coaching, safety and teaching tips for clients at different levels of ability
- Guidelines for reaching older adults, pre- and post-natal women, and clients with back, knee, neck and shoulder conditions
- Program design for clients at every level including sports specific lessons
- Equipment safety and maintenance
Requirements for Completion
To become a fully qualified Balanced Body® Reformer Instructor, students must complete the following:
- Movement Principles (16 hours)
- Balanced Body® Reformer 1 – Course Work, Written and Practical Test (18 hours)
- Prerequisites: Movement Principles and 20 Reformer classes. 1 year experience teaching movement. Anatomy required prior to testing out.
- Balanced Body® Reformer 2 - Course Work, Written and Practical Test (16 hours)
- Prerequisite: Reformer 1
- Balanced Body® Reformer 3 - Course Work, Written and Practical Test (14 hours)
- Prerequisite: Reformer 2
- 50 Personal Practice Hours and 100 Teaching hours OR 30 Reformer personal sessions, 30 observation hours and 90 teaching hours
- Written and Practical Test out / Exam
Download the Test out Application Form.
Total hours for completion for Reformer program: 198 hours (not including Movement Principles and Mat)
Total hour for completion of Movement Principles, Mat & Reformer program: 332 hours
Upon completion of all of the requirements, a certificate of completion as a Balanced Body® Reformer Instructor will be issued.