The Balanced Body® Pilates Mat instructor training includes the complete Pilates Mat repertoire as well as an introduction to the movement principles that make Pilates such a successful exercise program. Modifications and variations are included to help you successfully teach a wide range of clients. Balanced Body® Pilates Mat instructor training will empower you to become a successful, creative and transformative Pilates teacher.
The Instructor Training Program Includes:
- Exercise instruction in the complete Pilates Mat repertoire
- A comprehensive manual consistent with current national standards
- Cueing, coaching and teaching tips for clients at different levels of ability
- Safety information for teaching older adults, pre- and post-natal women, and clients with back, knee, neck and shoulder conditions
- Tips on teaching successful group programs
Requirements for Completion
To become a fully qualified Balanced Body® Mat Instructor, students must complete the following:
- Movement Principles (16 hours)
- Balanced Body® Mat 1 – Course Work and Practical Test (16 hours)
- Balanced Body® Mat 2 - Course Work and Practical Test (16 hours)
- Balanced Body® Mat 3 - Course Work and Practical Test (16 hours)
- 25 Mat Personal Sessions and 45 Mat Student Teaching Hours
- 20 Mat Personal Sessions, 15 Observation Hours and 35 Student Teaching Hours
- Final Written and Practical Test out / Exam
Only students under these categories may be considered for the Movement Principles course exemption:
- A 4-year college or higher-education degree in a related field; kinesiology, physiotherapy, etc.
- A Physical Therapy/Physical Therapist license
Download the Test out Application Form.
Total Hours for Completing the Mat program: 118 hours
Upon completion of all of the requirements, a certificate of completion as a Balanced Body® Mat Instructor will be issued.